Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas & Surfing

Well friends.

MUCH has happened since I last posted on here.

The past 2 weeks have been full of drama practices, youth nights, christmas events and drum lessons.

Drew/Amy Donovan (assistant pastor/youth pastor) left on holiday for 2 weeks. Basically allowing me to take the reigns of the youth program. One thing in particular, organizing, rehearsing, casting and everything else for a Christmas drama for the SURGE drama team to perform at Christmas in Burswood (annual community outreach event) and Night in Bethlehem (this Sun night, Christmas experience). I have never taught a a drama much less been involved in one of importance! This is probably one of the more stressful, stretching experiences I've had since I've been here. I am learning to be faithful with every task that has been given to me and honour God in that. All in all, the drama team did a great job at CIB and everyone laughed and commended the students.

Another thing I got to do these past 2 weeks, I was in charge of leading SURGE (Fri night program) for both weeks. Programming and worship. It was a great experience and built my leadership skills. Great times. Oh and teach some drum lessons. Talk about a "stretching experience"!

These past 2 weeks have probably been some of the busiest I've had since I've been here. God has been incredibly good. I'm really learning to be faithful to Him with the little things.

Yesterday, me, Brent Dongell and some other friends got to go to Marewai beach. I learned how to surf and gargle salt water at the same time! It was a great end to a busy 2 weeks.

Thank you for all the support and prayers! I will keep you posted as best as I can during this busy Christmas seasons!

keep praying.

-john


No comments:

Post a Comment