Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update

Hello supporters!

Just wanted to sit down and give you a look into my last month here in New Zealand.
It's been a crazy one and is getting increasingly busy which is great! I'm really enjoying the new opportunities that are arising even in my last few weeks here.

Speaking: I've gotten the chance to start a series at our new Sun. night service called Re:Think" and will be finishing that up this Sun. night. I've been talking about how God's perspective changes people and how that affects the way we engage with our culture. Loving our neighbor starts with knowing our neighbor(Or neighbour, whichever you prefer). It's been a rewarding experience. Also, I've been asked to speak at our youth group and will be teaching on prayer/intimacy with Christ. I'm also going to share the vision of Claim Your Campus and see if we can get some more schools involved here. The Gathering, our national church camp, is coming up at the beginning of June and I've been asked to speak at one of the youth seminars as well!

Youth: After hitting record numbers a few weeks ago, we've seen a lot of new kids around youth group. We had an awesome Youth Sunday in which the youth led worship and did all the parts of the service on Sun. morning. I've also helped kick off our 2nd youth worship band which has been fun.

Those are a just a few things that have been going on and can't wait to meet with all of you and tell you stories in person!

Thank you for your support. Keep praying.

-john

No comments:

Post a Comment