Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 9 - Bulubehzle School

Last day of Hopefest.
Last day waking up at 4:30am.


Today started out the same as the past 2. Waking up at 4:30am. We drove the 2 hrs to Ketalahon and arrived at the school. The staging/location was awesome. Really organic with grass growing out from the old cement stage that was probably built at least 30 yrs. ago. I thought it was really cool. The day went smoothly. The kids payed attention more than any of the schools this week. There were around 2000 kids there that day. We prayed as a group collectively and asked God to bless today and thanked Him for the glory He has shown this past week. At the end of the day around 200 kids made first time commitments to Christ and purity. 200 new beginnings. 200 adoptions. This week has been incredible. At the end of the day we all packed up, said goodbye to the crew, thanked everyone and headed out for the last time. I won't miss waking up at 4:30am but I will miss the experience of life change and authentic worship. I want to carry this with me wherever I go. And prayer is the difference. I saw miracles happen. Real life miracles. I heard the shrieks of demons. I saw the power of the Creator. The final tally?8000 students fed. 1200 commitments to Christ and a pure life. What more could you ask for?

keep praying.

-john

No comments:

Post a Comment